maandag 15 augustus 2011

New head gasket

There were water leaks from the head gasket so instead of waiting for worse, I've decided to change it right away. This also gave me a chance to change the carbs' diaphragms easily.
I've also replaced some of the core plugs that were corroded. Some of them only required a mild tap with a screwdriver to break.
The valve springs were replaced as well (I'm hoping the ticking noises will stop) and I've ordered some new shims as valve clearance was too little for almost every valve.

I took the head out with the inlet manifold (minus air filter) in place. The outlet manifold was removed separately along with the first downpipe.

Bottom view of the head.

Head back in place, manifolds and cam shafts to follow...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten